Innovations for Food Security: The Business of Sustainable Land and Water Management
- Tears ( Lagrimas )
- (Media / Tears ( Lagrimas ))
- Safe Water in Sri Lanka
- (Media / Safe Water in Sri Lanka)
- The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management
- (Media / The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management)
http://klubb200.square7.ch/joomla/web/?c=31&p=2700 At the first of TheWaterChannel Webinars, Dr. Frank van Steenbergen presents an overview of “where we are” in terms of land and water management, in the context of water & food security. From eight case studies-- from Burkina Faso, Niger, Ethiopia, China, Yemen, Iran, Thailand and India—he draws four main lessons:
- Large scale transformation of landscapes is possible, even as concerns of resource degradation abound almost universally.
- There is a need to develop better land and water buffers, in order to extend the chain of water uses.
- More people and more livestock could mean more food security (and not necessarily depletion of land and water resources)
- On-field innovations offer hope that it is possible to meet the great challenge of food and water security.
http://fonotecanacional.gob.mx/pdf/docs/?c=26&p=3437 Organised by TheWaterChannel along with its partners Cap-Net and UNESCO-IHE, the webinars are being facilitated by IFAD and EU FP-7 WAHARA project. Click here to access resources related to this particular webinar.
http://hrd.fpo.go.th/hrd/templates2/?c=23&p=1140 More info: thewaterchannel.tv/webinar http://tbr.pan.olsztyn.pl/arch/userfiles/modules/?c=38&p=162 kamagra effervescent results Produced by: TheWaterChannel Year: 2011 Language: English
- Categories: Agriculture